Wednesday, May 12, 2010

a girl, a house on the beach, and a one-way ticket...day one

As it turns out, I'm interrupting the planned three post series "little fluffy dogs: a field guide to flexers, charmers, and ostensibly sensitive types" for something a little more apropos to my current experience: my maiden voyage to a land far, far away. I believe there is very little in this world to which sun, water, and prayer are not remedies. Keys to the car I wish I had owned in high school and long, lazy sunsets don't hurt either.

First things first...
I've located a nearby Starbucks and as I sip my grande bold at this very moment, I realize that the only difference between this Starbucks and mine in Cleveland is that it is actually not raining outside. I consider this a good sign.

First impressions...
Not everyone here is old. In fact, the 10 0'clock news reporters all appear to be about 15 years-old (perhaps it's past everyone else's bedtime?).

There is a plethora of dragonflies, water fountains, and freckles.

That older gentleman you see in all the Sunday paper ads modeling suits and watches for Dillards, Macys, and Saks lives down the street from where I'm staying. His name is Hal.

The photo is courtesy of me. And no, NO ONE looked at me strangely as I stood in the parking lot to take it.

Tomorrow: Day Two




No comments: